Site for a great home haunt book

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Book Review - How to Haunt Your House Book 2 by Shawn and Lynne Mitchell

My mother in law and brother in law got me this book for my birthday last month. I was so excited to get it.
This book is a professionally put together product. I know I've ranted before on how I dislike the home publisher jobs we get all too often. the pictures are detailed and clear (and large enough that you can actually see them). This is what I've come to expect from these two authors.
So to the "meat and potatoes" of the book. I think all of the projects that are in this volume are explained in enough detail that a novice can be successful in completing them. In fact, my 10 year old son is working on one of them now. (Page 20 "Tomb Cover") All of the steps are clearly outlined. The only thing that might have been helpful for my son would have been measurements and quantities. However, for our purposes we would have probably adjusted the dimensions anyway. To be honest that is really the only negative I could find, and that isn't really a negative is it?
   As with Book 1, this volume gets you thinking of ways to do things that you may not have thought of before. My wife calls it a more "artsy" way of haunting. that it seems to hint of theatrical scene design techniques. I would still like to see a DVD companion to this series.
I highly recommend this book to every home haunter. the argument is always why purchase a book when a lot of techniques are available for free on the internet? My answer is simple... these are tried and true methods that produce top quality results... Support your fellow home haunters and go out and get a copy of How to Haunt your House Book 2>>>
Happy Haunting!!!!
~Bill

1 comment:

  1. It is a great book! Absolutely love it. Glad you like it....now get out there and build some props :D

    Happy Haunting

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete