Site for a great home haunt book

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A yard haunt or not???

    So the Frog Queen posted earlier a question Yard haunt or not?? Basically asking about her display... Here is what I would say if she had asked me...
    I personally think that you could go with either a haunt or a yard display… Actually better yet a haunted yard display. The thing that I like the most about what I have seen of your work (read “the pictures that I have seen of your stuff”) is that it let’s my mind start to work. Let me elaborate…. I look at this picture….

     In my mind, I imagine it being dusk. Maybe it is a simpler time, that I am taking a shortcut home through the graveyard of the old abandoned church on the outskirts of town. What was that I heard??? A twig snapped??? The rustling of some leaves??? What’s out there??? Is something/someone following me??? The feeling of anxiety is starting to build…. My mind is working overtime… convincing myself that there is something lurking just out of sight… I know that it is there… it is only a matter of time before it gets to me…


     Or (and here is the weirdo in me) I imagine this is the graveyard that is in the books “The Vampire Diaries”. (Yes I have read them.) again my mind does the scaring.

     So back to the label… I think it is a yard haunt… simply because your “display” qualifies with most of what Webster’s dictionary says “haunt" means….

Main Entry: haunt
Pronunciation: \ˈhȯnt, ˈhänt\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French hanter, probably from Old Norse heimta to lead home, pull, claim, from heimr home
Date: 14th century

transitive verb 1 a : to visit often : Frequent....
(I often visit your site for inspiration)
2 a : to recur constantly and spontaneously to
b: to reappear continually in ....
I constantly ask myself when thinking of my yard “what would the Davis’ do with this???
3 : to visit or inhabit as a ghost.... Y’all have ghosts in your display… Not all ghosts are scary… creepy yes, unnerving at times yes… but not always scary.

     Of course these are just my opinions, and for those that read my blog know that the picture in this post is from the Davis Graveyard and is not my property… hopefully they won’t mind too much that I used it in my post…..

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so overwhelemed by your kind words that I cannot think of much to say...which if you know the frog queeen is a rare feat indeed! Thank you.

    You just explained what I want to see my yard described as....seriously, you could not pay me a better compliment.

    I knew this would be a bad week for me, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all of your support.

    I really love the home hautners....thank you for reminding me not to let the few people that hate me run the haunt....fear is not attractive and thank you for helping me not fall prey to those insecure people.

    Thank you!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete